||Leather helmet (˜1910)
In this collection since: 30.07.2016
Fire helmet from Germany. The black leather helmet comes from the time around 1910. For details of the helmet see helmet number 0487, Germany. A brass badge is attached to the front of the helmet. The letter "G" is the initial letter for the village or city where the helmet was worn. While it was usual in other states within the German Kingdom to offer the coat of arms (see Helmets 632/768/769/772/773) the so-called “Ortsplatte” (City plate) was installed here. While this plate was customary for Bavarian fire brigades, it was not so widespread in Prussia because every Prussian province had its own coat of arms. But because of the side cockades "black-white-red" for the German Reich and "black-white-black" for Prussia, the helmet is clearly Prussian.
The place plate is supplemented by the text "One for all - all for one".
See Helm 0660, Germany.
|Also look at:
|| German Reich until 1918, 632
German Reich until 1918, 660
German Reich until 1918, 768
German Reich until 1918, 769
German Reich until 1918, 772
German Reich until 1918, 773
||(Please click on picture to zoom...)